Reject Comcast Digital
With the upcoming transition to digital broadcast, many people mistakenly believe that they need to switch to digital cable from Comcast. You also probably don't have to buy a new tv. Here are some quick reasons why you should NOT switch to Comcast digital:
- Price is higher. While intro offers may make it seem like a deal, they usually will jack up the price later on.
- Slower! Channel changing on my digital comcast box is SLOWER than switching channels via my regular TV channel changer
- Picture quality. I haven't noticed a difference between regular tv and digital tv. I doubt you will either.
- Big Brother Fears. With digital, it's a lot easier for them to monitor your viewing habits.
- You don't need it. Really. The whole broadcast switch to digital next year has no effect on cable.
- Compatibility. The digital box doesn't play well with other devices like tivo, and the comcast dvr is no replacement for tivo.
- Extra equipment. Did I mention it requires an extra box, extra remote, extra power, extra added monthly expense, and it's one more thing in your house that can (and probably will) break.